Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Review and Revision

Today I opened a new page that will contain excerpts from and links to reviews of my memoir. So far there have been two reviews, both very positive, and several more will appear in April, including in Lilith Magazine.

It's interesting to notice which aspects of the book different reviewers pick up on. The Jewish Press review, which appeared today, for example, emphasized themes connected with Judaism, and my struggle with my faith in light of life's cruelties. Perhaps not surprisingly for a publication with an almost exclusively observant readership, it portrays my views and feelings connected with this very difficult subject as more Orthodox than they are - one might say the review "revises" my attitudes just a bit - which only goes to show just how complex and highly charged these questions are.

I invite you to visit the new page, and the reviews it lists.

No comments: